The Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO) is currently advertising for a Head of Communications.
The Head of Communications leads IPSO’s communications work, ensuring performance levels and objectives set out in the overarching strategy and annual business plan are achieved.
IPSO is currently developing a five-year strategy, to be delivered this summer, and the Head of Communications will play a key role in implementing and embedding it in IPSO’s communications approach and operations.
The Head of Communications will also be charged with developing a refreshed brand and a new website to reflect the new strategy.
The Head of Communications leads the External Affairs team, ensuring effective line management and oversight of day to day work.
He/she will function as part of the organisation’s Senior Management Team, working with the Chief Executive to provide effective leadership for the organisation.
The role reports to the Chief Executive Officer, Charlotte Dewar, and will also involve working closely with IPSO’s Chairman, Lord Faulks. You will be working in a highly engaged, intellectually stimulating, and relatively small organisation.
IPSO is based at 1 Farringdon Street, London. IPSO operates a hybrid working policy, with agreements in place for most staff to split their time between at-home and in-office working.
IPSO is committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer and is currently developing a new diversity strategy. We welcome applications from all applicants with the requisite skills, knowledge and experience and particularly welcome applications from people currently under-represented in the regulation and media industries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Draw up a strategy and an annual business plan for the external affairs function and contribute to the wider organisational strategy.
- Own IPSO’s communication channels and manage/produce a wide range of high-quality outputs for various audiences.
- Lead IPSO’s media work, including running an effective press office operation, overseeing media monitoring and running an appropriate crisis communications approach.
- Oversee IPSO’s public affairs work, including Parliamentary engagement, monitoring and responding effectively to key issues.
- Lead IPSO’s digital communications work, including oversight of social media, website content, newsletters, and core digital products.
- Oversee and manage of IPSO’s brand.
- Advise and support the Chairman, Chief Executive, and senior managers with any communication needs around their functions.
- Support the Head of Complaints to maintain an effective organisational response to major incidents.
- Represent IPSO externally, engaging with key stakeholders.
- Advise and support the Chief Executive to execute a strategic and consistent approach to stakeholder engagement, including maintaining comprehensive and relevant documentation of engagement activities.
- Advise and support the Chair and Chief Executive with external engagement work.
- Report on the development, activity and performance of the External Affairs function, with regular reporting to the Chair, Chief Executive and Board.
- Manage the day-to-day performance, development and wellbeing of the Senior Policy & Communications Officer and the Communications Officer, which will include undertaking regular reviews of their work and carrying out their annual appraisal against agreed objectives.
- Working closely with the Chief Executive and other members of the senior management team, maintain a supportive, inclusive culture that emphasises professional development and respects and values personal differences.
Required Experience & Competencies
- Experience of working in a media relations team (preferably in a relevant organisation, such as a regulator, media organisation, campaign group, think tank, government department, or another community interest company), especially in strategic and tactical PR and media relations.
- Experience of overseeing the delivery of: Drafting press releases and Q&As, social media and digital, and preparing briefing materials
- Experience of generating proactive media stories delivering media coverage with a strong social media aspect
- Strong organisational and project management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communicator: articulate and succinct, excellent command of written and spoken English
- Creative and ideas-driven
- Proactive, determined, enthusiastic and ‘can do’ attitude who takes the initiative
- Good political awareness and judgement, and an intelligent interest in trends affecting the news industry
- Strong people skills and ability to build relationships with journalists, colleagues and an extremely varied set of external stakeholders
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise
- Experience of managing and developing a small team
- Experience in a related field, for example media, regulation.
- Comply with IPSO’s Health & Safety requirements;
- Comply with IPSO’s Equal Opportunity Policy;
- Fulfil obligations as set out in the contract of employment and follow IPSO’s policies as set out in the Staff Handbook;
- Undertake any reasonable activity as required by the Chief Executive.
For any queries and all applications, please email email@example.com
This job description is also available for download here.