Your engagement ring is to be treasured forever and so it’s really important that you take proper care of it. Te easiest way to keep your ring sparkling and beautiful is to give it regular cleanings and to take it off during these activities. We’ve put together a simple guide to help you keep your engagement ring looking new.
Grime can buildup on a ring, either underneath the settings or around the stones which can cause a diamond engagement ring to look dull. This applies to wedding bands and sapphire engagement rings too.
- 1. To clean your ring at home first soak your ring in warm to hot water for about 20-30 minutes.
- 2. Using a soft toothbrush, warm water and dishwashing liquid (e.g Fairy liquid, Ecover etc) gently brush the ring with a toothbrush to remove the grime.
- 3. We recommend buying a soft toothbrush specifically for your engagement ring, and ensuring that the drain is covered or you are using a bowl in the sink.
- 4. Work the toothbrush into the settings and underneath the stone to remove any buildup.
- 5. Repeat as necessary
- 6. Afterwards dry the your ring and use a jewellery polishing cloth for a sparkling finish.
- - Stay away from household cleaners with harsh chemicals as they could damage or discolour the ring.
- - Any abrasive cleaners which could scratch the metal.
- - Lotions, cosmetics, moisturisers and hairspray that can get trapped behind the setting.
- - Chlorine - read more here.
PROFESSIONAL RING CLEANING
If a lot of grime has built up over time and hardened it might be best to bring your diamond engagement ring to us so we can help you clean the ring professionally and safely.
We also offer a re-polishing service for rings we have created. This is a great option for our clients looking have their diamond engagement ring looking new for the wedding day. Please allow 1 month before the ceremony for this service. To book your ring in for professional cleaning or re-polishing, please email email@example.com.
WHAT TO AVOID
If in doubt contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to advise you.
We design all of our rings to be easily cleaned at home, as we know that’s an important part of keeping your ring looking sparkling and new. Discover our collection of Made-to-Order diamond engagement rings here.